Property Highlight: 7 Things We Love About 2206 22 Ave SW
You know how some homes just look like they belong in magazines? This is one of those. Here’s why:
1. Thoughtful layout - This home feels and IS so much bigger than it looks from the street. With a completely open concept main floor (great for entertaining) and extra, more private entertaining spaces like the third-storey loft, there is room for everything and everyone without having to cram it all in the main floor living area.
2. Contemporary design - Roman Homes prides themselves on building quality, modern homes so it comes as no surprise that this one looks like it belongs on every Pinterest/Style blog/Home inspo vision board that highlights modern minimalist design. The best part about this house is that while it is ultra-contemporary with clean lines and neutral finishes, it doesn’t lack character thanks to wood accents and unique details like wallpaper and light fixtures.
3. Location - This home is literally steps from a huge green space and playground which makes it the jackpot for families with kids or pets. The street is quiet and family oriented, yet it is still close to everything (think groceries, fitness options, amenities, cafes etc. etc.) and a super quick commute to downtown. For those who dread driving in traffic, the LRT is close and several transit options are nearby as well.
4. No shortage of living space - There is essentially a rec/entertainment room on every level of this home, four large bedrooms (all with their own bathroom!) an awesome loft space, a seated dining area and a huge kitchen.. we don’t know why infills sometimes get a bad rep for feeling “tight for space” when they have this much to offer!
5. There’s actually a pantry - Again, we often hear that people won’t consider in an infill because “they just feel small” …Not only does this house have a totally open-concept main floor with a killer kitchen, it actually has a WHOLE pantry - you read that right - a full wall of pantry storage. There is space for your food and your “stuff” so that your counters can stay absolutely spotless and you can maintain that minimalist "I-bet-you-can’t-tell-someone-actually-lives-here" appearance.
6. Storage everywhere - Huge front closet? Check. Tiled rear-mudroom with custom built-ins? Check. Full pantry PLUS tons of cupboard and drawer space in the kitchen? Check. Nearly 10-ft of custom built-in cabinetry on the living room feature wall? Check. And that’s just on the main floor… you get the point.
7. It is a great family home - This home completely ignores that “tiny infill” stigma and instead offers tons of living space throughout. It is big enough for large or growing families without being unnecessarily huge. Of course by that we mean it feels big but it won’t take you 22 hours to clean.
Check out more pictures below or click here to see the full album.. you won't regret it.